Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I hadn't even noticed

Really, I just saw the new pet and went "/shrug Meh." To me, it's just another creature. Not even one I like, I mean, I REALLY hate bugs. My point? The Vespa inspired this:

http://www.aywas.com/forum/post/161255/

"

Okay, let me start by saying, I love aywas. Out of all the sites I have and currently play, this is my favorite by FAR. Why is that? Because of the art. I am an artist, and a place like this allows people to express themselves amd things they like via custom pets. EPIC.
However, none of it would be possible without the site artists, period. They provide us with a beautiful canvas to start with, the PSDs that they create.

Until the vespa.
What the hell were they thinking? What was the artist thinking? What was the admin who approved that design thinking?? It is, to say the least, subpar to all the other species on the site. I can't believe something like that would EVER be displayed here. I hate absolutely everything about it. It's supposed to be a moth wasp? WHAT MOTH OR WASP HAVE THESE PEOPLE BEEN LOOKING AT?? And as a further slap in the face, it's incredibly expensive. I am wholeheartily for making pets rare and/or expensive. The quol, finn, xoac, hybrids, what do these thungs have in common? Expensive! Rare! And they are either cute, pretty, defined, adorable... Lots of good things. The vespa is NONE OF THOSE THINGS.

I am by no means the best artist here or even CLOSE, but here are some edits I made to the vespa. It took me about 5 minutes and I used google to see what the fuck a wasp looked like SINCE I HAVE NEVER DRAWN AN INSECT BEFORE.

vespaALTPREV.png

Notice how the wings actually look like moth wings? Not giant chunky black blobs of whateverthefuck? The legs arent plastered on just anywhere, arbitrarily?

There are so many AMAZING TALENTED people here. And before now, I've never been insulted by a pet just becuase it exsists.
It really just boggles my mind how THAT became a species. My heart breaks for all the people who would have wanted to do this and would have poured their love into it, and for the artist, who clearly didn't. I don't blame them. I guess I don't blame anyone.
And this is absolutely not directed at the artist, as I'm sure they have made many beautiful pieces, this is not one of them. But if you're going to do something, dammit, do it right.

Just... Why?

I absolutely expect to get flamed for this, but I had to say it. It's not rude, it's blunt honesty, and I'm not sorry.
I really expected more from aywas.

Edit: and for the people who are going to say IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T GET ONE. That's obvious, but that isn't the point of a rant.

Edit 2: and I know most of the species here are anatomically exaggerated, but this one just seems lazy."
 
Goddamn it I hate Blogger and it's inability to change back to normal font. FINE I WILL LEAVE IT BLUE. Anyway, just posting the OP here in case it's deleted but.. really?
 
Grow up peoples. They be pixels. Didn't we have enough of this when we were whining about melos and orimis?

2 comments:

DooblyDoo said...

HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHHA

XD That gave me a good laugh.

Rose the Dragon said...

Melo drama.

I see what u did there.