Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

And because I don't want to lose this post...

I have suddenly come upon the realization that I'm playing a game... that is making me do chores. Chores I go on video games to avoid, Why is that? I find them far more enjoyable on the game even though they are far more monotonous and I can't even have the simple pleasure of finding a froggy while watering the garden.

And I even question the cut and paste, no dramaticness what-so-ever you will definitely get the male/female you WANT. ALWAYS. Excuse me? I'm the new one in the village/valley/island and suddenly they all drop their previous love interests to fawn over me? And WHY do I HAVE to get married? What if I don't bloody well want to? What if I don't want screaming brats around? And if you've ever played that newest wii version tell me WHY YOUR CHILD HAS NOTHING PASSED ALONG FROM HIS IMMORTAL WIZARD DADDY?

Was my character screwing someone else off-screen? What does he do when you're dead.... for that matter, WHY DO I NOT AGE? I mean, it SAYS you're aging in the Wonderful life series but you remain the same. How is that? I know people get wrinkles, Just look at Nina.

And then... then I picked up Shepard's Crossing 2. A game I was told was very much like Harvest Moon and since that's my crack I bent over like a whore and took it. (.... Hold on, that sounds far to much like a certain game critic I want to slap. Shit.)

Now, playing this game was... interesting. You don't have to water crops (Thank fucking god) and you have a variety of animals and plants you can farm/ranch. The whole point is to keep your main dish/side dish/ and firewood bins full so you don't starve. It's not particularly hard but... The social interaction, is questionable. Very... questionable.

You buy your husband/wife. I kid you not, you don't even have to KNOW them to wed them. As long as you have enough sheep you can pick out whichever hooke- ... er... Wife/husband... You want.

So, FINE, being the little elitist that I am (Yes, I can here you cheering you-know-who. I ADMIT IT.) I went for the most expensive hooker. .... Husband.

Well, lets just say he was in love with this girl with the most ridiculous name ever. :| And he wasn't thrilled. So because I'm a nice pimp.... um... Wife... I decided to reload and try the butcher.

The butcher I've known for 7 years and constantly visit with offerings of food because he will drop by and give my bacon in return once in awhile. AFTER the wedding, you know what he asks me? "What's your name?"

*twitch* RELOAD

Hunter: "Well, at least she's human." RELOAD

Carpenter: "Why don't I cost more to be a hooker?" RELOAD

Shepard: "What's marriage?" ARGH

You know, after all that I was just happy that at least the Shepard was grateful to be moving into my fucking mansion. (I swear, it was a mansion at this point.) But he... I don't know, he felt like I was taking advantage of someone permanently stupid.

So I went back to the mayor's son, and he could just suck it.

After marriage? I was lucky if I spoke to this guy once I month. And might I mention, I don't have a bed and I don't think I ever sleep so how exactly did I pop out a baby after a year or so?

Then I discovered the 'almanac' which had everything I hadn't quite achieved yet. Like, making a certain dish or having two llamas boink and pop out a baby llama. Well... shit now it's like pokemon and I'm still planting crops, picking up dung, and cutting trees JUST to fill up this fucking almanac.

This is worse than killing monster to get stronger to kill more monsters.

Games have made me their bitch and I have no idea why. ;n;

No comments: