Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011


"Look, maybe I'm the only one here, BUT I CAN'T FIND ANY ARTISTS WITH REASONABLE QUALITY WORK TO ACTUALLY PAY, AND GET A GOOD DESIGN ON TIME, OKAY?? The one time I got my first two customs, they were excellent. Beautiful, everything I wanted. I /overpayed/ because I paid with a spare item (Mind you, a valuable and desirable item. Just not one I wanted) I had instead of shelling out the raw currency. I've been having trouble finding an artist with good work to shell my money out to, and I'm not even looking for uber complex designs. I just want a couple pretty metals to look at. But so many artists are closed and won't look at your requests unless you have the most kickass idea on the planet, which is simply unfair. And this isn't an issue of me wanting the most "famous" or well-known artists- I don't play enough to know who the heck they are, anyway. I can look at work and see what I like, and I'm the kind of person who has no problem ponying up when I want a product and know its worth the price. If someone wants to direct me to an artist who's actually doing good work and /open/ (and not just for bribes, and "only if your idea is really interesting), I'd really appreciate it.

And why should I have to meddle with digital art and coloring pets when I don't want to? Look, I'll put it this way- I hate most digital art, because it's meaningless to me. I don't even really think of pets so much as "art" as much as "a pretty picture I can enjoy this game with". I just want to have fun and have nice pets. I'm not looking to be lazy. I just don't want to mess with all the implications of making my own pet.

So maybe you can see where I'd like an easy simulator with a couple options whereby I could quickly and reliably make a custom for myself. Maybe even something that I could use to sort o "sketch" out colors and patterns I'd like on a pet, and then take to an artist and say "I'd like something like /this/, but with more sparkles!" so they know what I'm talking about and what I want and can actually do it. It seems to me that artists want an excruciatingly detailed explanation of how exactly you want your pet to look with a million references, and I simply don't work that way."
 
Dreaming of Islands (#9982)
 
Oh my GOD this is priceless! I can't stop laughing! She is so bloody hilarious. Thanks to Tayzer for showing me.

*curls up in a corner giggling* This person is missing the point of aywas by a mile.

No comments: